Monday, May 14, 2012

happy mother's day...a day late.

Yesterday I celebrated Mother's Day with who else...my Mother. I was inspired to host a brunch in her honor and racked my brain for a solid theme. I remembered that as a teenager she had taken a family trip to Spain, and I know she loved her time there so a few weeks ago I pumped her for more details. Using her favorite parts of the trip-a pig roast was high on the list, the time period- 1968 and the location-Spain, I whipped up a tablescape and menu fit for the most important woman in my life. The result was a delicious combination of hot and cold tapas, bright colors and earthy elements....oh, and the pig snuck in there too.


The menu (notice the gold pig at the top)
Menu card stock- Paper Source
Gold rimmed plate- Mom's own



Spider mums in barnwood vases with teal mercury glass votive holders
Barnwood vases- Save-On-Crafts
Votive holders- Jamali Gardens



Burlap tablecloth and hand applied ribbon runner
Burlap tablecloth- Save-On-Crafts
Assorted ribbons for runner- Paper Source



"Vintage Photos" of all my Mom's children, grandchildren and grand-dogs
Moss runner- Jamali Garden
Vase/Pitcher- Mom's own



A full table with blood orange mimosas



Arugula, manchego and apple salad with lemon vinaigrette
Shrimp with garlic, white wine and lemon



Medjool dates stuffed with manchego, pinenuts, honey and orange zest
Lucques olives with marcona almonds and feta



Calamari with pesto aioli
Beets infused with ginger and honey tossed with lemon and feta

No comments:

Post a Comment